|New Awards Debuted|
Contact: Jeane Wynn
Wynn-Wynn Media, LLC
Wynn-Wynn Media, LLC
ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The 2013 Christy Awards honoring and promoting excellence in Christian fiction were presented at the Renaissance Grand in St. Louis, Mo., tonight.
The 14th annual awards presentation highlighted the role of literary agents in the advancement of Christian fiction. Steve Laube of The Steve Laube Agency emceed the event, and Chip MacGregor of MacGregor Literary Agency presented the keynote address. Additionally, long-time literary agent Lee Hough was honored with the inaugural Lifetime Achievement Christy in a moving tribute.
The Christy Advisory Committee debuted the Christy Hall of Fame by inducting authors Lynn Austin, winner of eight Christy Awards, and Karen Hancock, winner of four Christy Awards.
The event also premiered the Christy Book of the Year Award, showcasing the novel that had the greatest impact when placed against a set of criteria that includes literary quality, sales, and life impact. A jury of three people read the year’s nine Christy Award winners and identified Into the Free by Julie Cantrell (David C Cook) as best exemplifying those factors.
The Christy Advisory Board is happy to announce the 2013 Christy Award winners.
- Lifetime Achievement Christy: Lee Hough
- Christy Award Hall of Fame Inductees: Lynn Austin (8 Christys) & Karen Hancock (4 Christys)
- Book of the Year: Into the Free by Julie Cantrell (David C Cook)
- Contemporary Romance: The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group).
- Contemporary Series, Sequels & Novellas: You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren (Tyndale House Publishers)
- Contemporary Standalone: Not in the Heart by Chris Fabry (Tyndale House Publishers)
- First Novel: Into the Free by Julie Cantrell (David C Cook)
- Historical: Flame of Resistance by Tracy Groot (Tyndale House Publishers)
- Historical Romance: Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)
- Suspense: Rare Earth by Davis Bunn (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)
- Visionary: Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart (Thomas Nelson, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing)
- Young Adult: Child of the Mountains by Marilyn Sue Shank (Delacorte Press, a division of Random House)
- The Christy Awards are online at: