- Open to any member in good standing of the Romance Writers of America (membership verified).
- Books must have a 2008 copyright date and must be received by January 7, 2009.
- Entry fee is $25 for each title submitted. An author may submit more than one 2008 released book with separate entry form and fee for each title. Entry form at www.necrewa.org
- Author must submit three autographed copies of the entered book. Books will not be returned.
- E-books accepted in printed form-loose. No short stories, novellas or anthologies, please.
- Finalists will be notified by February 27, 2009.
- Winners announced at our 2009 Let Your Imagination Take Flight Conference, March 27-28, 2009.
Categories for entry:
Short Contemporary (50,000 to 70,000 words)
Long Contemporary (over 70,000 words)
Futuristic; Fantasy; Paranormal or Time Travel
- Any category with less than ten entries will be incorporated into another category if possible. Entrants should suggest an alternate category.
- All entries will be judged by readers, librarians or booksellers.
- Judges give each entry a score of 3-10 (10 being the highest).
- The books are given to the judges as thank you gifts for judging. They are not returned to the author.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
*Provided this contest is successful it will become an annual event.
Send entries (three autographed copies of book + $25 entry fee + entry form) to:
Valerie Harris, 13 Poole Street, Medford, MA 02155 – by January 7, 2009.
Make checks payable to “NEC”
Any questions, please call the contest coordinator, Valerie Harris, 781-874-0771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org