I am submitting for your consideration a free writing contest sponsored by the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy that may be of interest to your readers/writers.
The “Devotedly, Dad” letter contest is open to America’s fathers and grandfathers as an opportunity to encourage a love of reading and writing in their homes. We’re asking dads to write a letter to a child or grandchild about the importance of literacy and learning. Write from the heart, the head or the funny bone and simply sign it … “Devotedly, Dad.”
Winners will receive a prize package including an autographed copy of “All the Best, My Life in Letters and Other Writings” by President George H.W. Bush.
• Entry is free
• Original letters (maximum word count 800) must be submitted by fathers or grandfathers
• Deadline for submissions– May 30, 2013, 5 p.m. EST
• We’re looking for letter writers across America – two letters from each state will be winners
• Winners will be notified through email by Father’s Day, June 16, 2013. Winning letters will be featured on our website atwww.BarbaraBushFoundation.com
• All entries, upon the sole discretion of the Barbara Bush Foundation, may be published in full or excerpt form, online or in print/broadcast form via the Barbara Bush Foundation, news organizations or other publications
For more information or to submit online, visit www.BarbaraBushFoundation.com.
Would you please include us on your website, on Twitter, Facebook, in your next newsletter, e-blast, or other vehicle you use to communicate with your readers en masse?
Thank you for your consideration!
7Hills Communications, LLC is a public relations firm that represents the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy (www.7hillscom.com). I am handing this account personally. Please contact me at 850-212-8460 if you have questions or if I can serve you.