Sunday, September 14, 2008

CONFERENCE FOR CHILDREN'S WRITERS

Christian Newswire/ -- "Literature for children has changed dramatically in the last decade. Many children's books and programs have graphic materials and images that can frighten or confuse children. On November 7-8, 2008, editors, authors, and writers who write for children will gather for the Write2Ignite Conference in Indian Trail, NC, just outside of Charlotte, NC.

"Writing for children became a passion for me after I had my children. I found a few things that I could use to teach them godly messages but ended up using materials that I developed. I saw a need for a conference that helps those called to create works for children in the Christian arena. I attended a conference where I met Jean Hall and Samantha Bell and things moved from there," says Gail Hayes, Conference Director.

"I love to write for children. I see a need for writers like me to improve our skills so that we get the message of Christ to children through stories and lessons they enjoy. I also see a need for finding creative ways to publish our manuscripts and get them into the hands of those children," says Jean Hall, Conference Logistics Director. Hall, who also blogs about her work, regularly works with children.

This will be the first conference held that targets this specific market. The conference faculty includes author and speaker Pam Zollman, author and writing mentor Lisa Crayton, Focus on the Family editor, Jesse Florea, Karen Whiting, a prolific author of children's materials, and a host of others who create Christian works for children.

"With all the negative influences directed at our children today, I believe God is calling His people to move pro actively on their behalf. For some of us, this includes writing and this conference will help provide writers with the tools we need to share His message with the next generation," says Bell

"We hope to create a forum for those who have a passion for writing and creating Christian works for children. We invite them to come and be a part of this first time event not only to make the connection with others but to also be refreshed in their faith. We want them to come so that they can write to ignite the next generation with God's power. But above all else, we want God to be pleased," says Conference Director Hayes.

Visit the website at http://www.write2ignite.com for more information.

No comments: