Tuesday, July 22, 2008

AN ORGANIZATION CHALLENGE

I know summers can be busy if you have kids at home, and it is often hard to get any time for creative writing. I remember those days well. However, I also remember that I usually was able to carve out time for the busy jobs I could do when the kids were around. So, I'd like to challenge you to spend these busy summer weeks organizing your office and files, studing possible markets, and anything else that needs doing to prepare you for a productive fall when the kids back to school.

I teach at a lot of conferences, so already I have sorted out all my workshop notes and handout masters so when it's time to get things together I can find everything I need quick and easy. I also made up a new file of articles and resources I have collected on different aspects of writing in case I need them for reference for new articles or additional workshop preparations. Happy organizing!!

1 comment:

Pam Halter said...

I've been doing your challenge for years. Since I attend the Greater Phila. conference every August, it's a good movtivator to get files cleaned out, manuscripts organized and writing to catch up on.

Still, for anyone, summer is the best time to do this because as I understand it, this time of the year is pretty slow in the writing industry.