Next National Christian Writers Conference will be Jan 10, 2009.
In conjunction with the next conference there is a new non-fiction writers contest and a free drawing available for participants.
National Christian Writers Conference San Diego
Non-Fiction Manuscript Challenge
Attention: All Writers and Aspiring Authors
“Stir Up the Gift of God that is in You!”
Writers’ Guidelines for No-Fee Nonfiction Manuscript Challenge
Grand Prize 2nd Prize 3rd Prize
1. The National Christian Writers’ Conference is accepting nonfiction, inspirational
manuscripts that will make our audience laugh, cry or smile.. The writing should be
encouraging, uplifting, and inspirational to our associates, family members and friends. Manuscript submissions should not be a sermon or lecture.
2. Chapter topics may cover a variety of areas: Faith, Family, Marriage, Parenting,
Children, Internal Beauty, Relationships, Personal Development and the things we
experience in every day life.
3. The manuscript administration is free. You may enter only one manuscript.
4. Entries must be postmark by December 31st, 2008.
5. Winners will be announced during the National Christian Writers Conference (San Diego). January 10, 2009. You do not have to present to win.
6. Each submission should include a cover page with the name of the contest, title of
your manuscript, word count, writer’s names, address, telephone number, email
address and fax number if available.
7. Entries must meet the following criteria:
a book proposal with cover page
Typed 12pt, Times New Roman Font
Adobe PDF or Doc format
include the title and sub title, primary target audience, distinctiveness, sales handle, and reasons why you believe your work will attract a readership
a list of competing titles that would help stake holders understand how your book will compete in the current marketplace detailed description of how you can and will help promote your book a table of contents and the chapter outline in which you share a brief description of each chapter the first three chapters(approximately 50 pages of your work)a complete biography with your publishing history and an explanation of why you are qualified to write this particular project
8. Writers must submit their original work. No previous published submissions will be accepted. Submit entries via e-mail email@example.com
9. Strict guidelines are enforced. Judges decisions are final. If entries are accepted, the entrants will receive correspondence confirming their entry by email within fourteen business days for acceptance and final proofing.
10. Writers Contest sponsored by Words of Belief. Award Winners will be notified by email before January 5, 2009.
Winners will be posted on the NCWC Web site:
NationalChristianWritersConference.com e-Mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Premier Publishing Package from Words of Belief valued at $1,150. The package includes:
Classic Professional Book Cover Design
Custom Book Interior Typesetting
Retail Channel Distribution
Title Activation at Printer
Google™ Book Search Program
Amazon Search Inside Program
U.S. Copyright Registration
Book Signing Kit
Free Web Site
Author maintains all rights to material. . .
2nd Prize Winner will receive a professional Media Marketing Kit
Need to make a connection with your fans and potential readers? Attend the National Christian Writers Conference San Diego and become one of the winners to receive a Book Signing Kit from our sponsor Words of Belief.
The Book Signing Kit (valued at $299.00) includes 10 posters, 30 flyers and 100 postcard invitations, all the materials necessary for successful book signings and literary events. Featuring the front cover of your book, the 11’’x 17’’ posters are full-color and printed on glossy, high-quality paper. Single-sheet 8.5’’x11’’ flyers are custom designed and feature your cover in color while providing detailed book ordering information.
The custom-designed postcard invitations are 5’’x8’’ and feature your book’s cover in color with a glossy finish on the front. The back is printed on white cardstock and includes a self-customizable invitation template, which can facilitate more than one event or signing.
3rd Prize Winner will receive free entry to the next National Christian Writers Conference San Diego CA.
In addition, attend the conference and register in our Free Drawing! One entry will receive a Select Publishing Package from iUniverse (valued at $599). The Select Publishing Package includes:
One-on-one authors support
Volume book discount authors
Worldwide Book Distribution
Five Free Soft Cover Books
For additional information email email@example.com