Q - How would I benefit from buying the Christian Writers' Market Guide?
A - No there's a question I love to answer! Apparently this comes from someone who has never seen the guide. Here's just a quick rundown of what the guide has to offer:
* A listing of about 450 Christian book publishers, with all the info you need to contact them.
* A listing of almost 700 Christian periodicals with contact information.
* Topical listings in both categories where you can look up the topic of type of material you want to write and it will give you a list of which publishers have said they are interested.
* Similar listings for greeting card, gift items, games, software, video/CD/DVD markets.
* A huge listing of resources for writers, including Websites, books, organizations, etc.
* A listing of Christian literary agents and how to contact them.
* A listing of writers groups and conferences arranged by state.
* A listing of those who provide editorial services--such as editing, evaluations, co-authoring, ghostwriting, writer coaching, etc.
* A listing of contests for writers arranged by genre.
* A listing of publishers and periodicals by denomination, or by corporate group (such as which ones are put out by Christianity Today, etc.)
* Market analysis sections for both book publishers and periodicals.
* A glossary of terms.
Those who are familiar with the guide will tell you that it's a book they keep next to their Bible--one they can't get along without as a Christian writer--and, of course, I wholeheartedly agree. If you're convinced, you can go to www.stuartmarket.com to order.